Friday, August 13, 2010

School's back in Session

Now that we've been back in school for about a week things are just starting to get back to normal.  It's hard to believe that Emily is in 4th grade and Brandon is in 1st. They are getting big sooo fast.  So say they don't want their kids to grow up.  I like that my kids are getting older.  It means they are more independent and more adventurous.  They are willing to try new and fun things.  Sports become more exciting and I'm able to more involved in their lives on  a different level.  Bring on getting older!  Although that means I'm getting older too.  That is NOT the cool part out the whole my kids are getting older thing.  Oh well what will be will be.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I too am enjoying the new adventures that come with the kids getting older. Except that I'm not enjoying Marianne's mouthiness or moodiness. (Isn't she still too young for that???)

Kimbee and Jakester said...

Haha, that picture looks like both of them could be going into 4th grade! :)

Jessica said...

Kim, I was going to comment the same thing!! :)

Genelady said...

I don't want to hear any "getting older" whining. Tell me about it. :( It is hard to believe they are getting so much older. I too enjoyed being a mother more as you all got older. A lot more activity to keep you busy but it is fun to watch them develop skills and interests.

DJJenny said...

That's so crazy that Emily is already in 4th grade!! Before you know it she's going to be in Young Womens.