Thursday, September 11, 2008

My little Pixie

This post is courtesy of Brandon. Earlier this week Brandon decided to reach out and try to discover new hidden talents. One of those undiscovered talents would be the art of hair. After attempting the new trend of A-symmetrical hair cuts on himself (he cut a small section of the front of his buzz, nothing huge), he thought that he did a fab job, and then turned his attention to Aubrey. Brandon's side of choice was the right side. He did a fine job of cutting her hair all the way to ear length. Now lets remember the hair cutting technique of the day is A-symmetrical. Well that is exactly what was done. Thank you Brandon for trying to find those hidden talents that the Lord has seen fit to give you, but.... I don't think that this is one of them. So poor Aubrey was walking around with a new hairdo courtesy of Brandon for about a day until we could get in to the real hair dresser. So the official first hair cut was given. I wanted to try to keep as much length as possible, but that was a little hard to do, due to her previous stylist. So now we call Aubrey our little pixie just like her new hair cut. We will just have to give it time to grow out, and keep the scissors away from Brandon.

9 comments:

Tam said...

I bet you wanted to BEAT him. I would have! That has been one of my biggest fears since Aliya developed a personality. I know one of these days it'll happen, I just hope she cuts Blakes hair. Forever I've feared she'd cut off a whole piggy tail. It still may happen but I hope not. I'm sorry! Well, this knocks Brandon off the son-in-law pedestal for a couple years!

Unknown said...

I know this is a lot sooner than you wanted to cut Aubrey's hair, but I think it looks adorable.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I agree with both Tam and Ruth- the hair cut is cute and I would have wanted to beat that boy as well!

Genelady said...

Remember when Emily did it? I also remember their mother doing it. It must be the hairdresser gene. Brandon does not strike me as the hairdresser type. I think it is adorable and grandma's don't like hair in the face anyways. Thank you to Brandon. He was just channeling Grandma.

Jessica said...

She looks adorable!

Kimbee and Jakester said...

Good thing the hair dresser thing didnt work...it could have turned him gay! haha. your kids are all super cute though!

Deb said...

Aubrey looks so cute. I will keep in mind not to turn my back on Brandon for too long during Sunbeams. I don't need him "working his magic" on me!

The Bodily Family said...

Poor Brandon. It's such a natural tendency. Dave almost killed someone when Emma did it. I just had to laugh. She cut it to her scalp on one side. I love Aubrey's new do. She's adorable as always.