Monday, January 18, 2010

My sleeping (not so giant) Giants

Lately I have been finding my kids (at least the ones that still take naps) in the funniest and strangest positions while they are sleeping. It really baffles my mind how someone could even dose off in some of these positions let alone fall totally asleep. This is Aubrey having fallen asleep in her "secret" club house in her closet. I believe that is her dress up make-up that is keeping her head propped up.
This is Tyson after eating dinner one night in his high chair. The bottom of the bottle was the only thing keeping his head up.
This is how Aubrey ends up taking a nap most days. She lays down to watch a little TV and ends up falling asleep with her hands behind her head and legs crossed.
Lately Tyson has been in bed with me at nights due to the back surgery. It's still hard for me to lay him down in his crib at night and since Spencer is still working nights it's just easier that way. Although I won't lie and wish he slept through the night in another room. :) Anyhow, lately he tries to cuttle at night. He scootches himself over until he finds the edge of my pillow and snuggles right in. It really is the sweetest and cutest thing.
This really has been the sleeping position of all sleeping positions caught on film to date. The other day I caught Aubrey asleep at the dining room table. Yes folks, she has her head "resting" on the wood chair arm, hand in bowl still clinging on the the dry cereal. No I didn't leave her like this. I moved her AFTER I grabbed the camera and took a picture. :)
You would think that I make my kids work in the mines for 16 hours a day with the way the fall asleep anywhere and everywhere.

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I need to have your kids talk to my daughter. I can't get that girl to take a nap no matter what I do.

Tam said...

That is so cute. My kids wont fall asleep anwhere but their beds. If I am lucky and we are on an eternal car trip they MIGHT fall asleep in their carseats! Too cute!

Heidi said...

That's just too cute!!!

The Bodily Family said...

Jordan is my worst. There have been many frantic moments looking for him only to find him fast asleep in odd places. Your kids are too cute!

Ashley said...

This is a cute post! I would love to take a bite out of that little Tyson!